Call to Worship from Psalm 23

Here is a responsive call to worship set for congregation and three voices.  It was adapted from Psalm 23 by The Rev. Marilyn Kennedy Levine

Responsive Call to Worship
(adapted from Psalm 23)

All:      The Lord is my shepherd.  I shall not want.

One:     It is you, Lord who makes me lie down in green pastures;

Two:     It is you who leads me beside the still waters.  

Three:  You restore my soul and guide me in paths of righteousness 
            for your name’s sake.  

All:      Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
            I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
            your rod and your staff comfort me. 
 

One:     You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. 

Two:     You anoint my head with oil; 

Three:  My cup runs over.  

All:      Surely goodness and mercy will follow me 
            all the days of my life, 
            and I will dwell in your house, O Lord, forever.

~ from Sharing the Light: Service Prayers and Holy Communion for the Fourth Sunday of Lent, written by The Rev. Marilyn Kennedy Levine.  Posted on the United Church of Christ’s Worship Ways website. http://www.ucc.org/worship/worship-ways/