Prayer of Confession: Psalm 32


Here’s a responsive prayer of confession from Psalm 32 from Jeff Shrowder’s The Billabong website.

 

Prayer of Confession: A Version for Today

(based on Psalm 32)

A real sense of contentment comes to the person
from whom the burden of rebellion against the compassionate One
has been lifted,
whom the holy One has acquitted.
I kept silent;
I hoped it would all go away;
but my body grew old before its time,
as I struggled with the load I carried.
Day and night, day and night,
and my tongue was hard and cracked,
like a drought-baked paddock.
But then I came to my senses,
and admitting that I could not blot out my wrongs.
I said, “I will confess my rebellion to the LORD”,
and then you lifted its weight from me
Our following in the way of Jesus is flawed
yet still we are assured of the liberating embrace
of your lovingkindness.

 

~ written by Jeff Shrowder, and posted on The Billabong website. http://thebillabong.info