Litany: The Light is Coming

Here’s a beautiful litany written by Nancy Townley.

Litany

It gets darker much earlier.
I don’t like this deep, foreboding darkness.
The Light is coming.

I keep looking down, trying not to stumble and fall
The Light is coming.

I don’t know what to expect.
I am pressured on all sides to be here or there
and to do this or that. I have no time, no peace, no hope.
The Light is coming. Look up! Do not be afraid.

But if I look up, I might stumble.
I don’t know what’s ahead for me.
The Light is coming. Do not be afraid.

Lord, where is the light?
It is here, on your path so that you won’t stumble.
It is here in your heart so that you will not fear.
It is here in your soul to give you Hope.

Lord, help me to see and feel the presence of your light.
Dear One, the Light is given to you and to all the world.
Trust in the Light. Wait, Watch, it is here.

— written by Nancy C. Townley, and posted on the Worship Connection page of the Ministry Matters website. Visit there for other great suggestions for worship.