Litany: Psalm 16

Here’s an intergenerational litany inspired by verses from Psalm 16.  It comes from Carolyn Brown’s Worshiping with Children website.

Scripture Litany
(inspired by verses from Psalm 16, CEV)

I say “Only you are my Lord!
Every good thing I have is a gift from you.”

Alleuia!

Your people are wonderful,
and they make me happy, 

Alleuia!

You, Lord, are all I want!
You are my choice,
and you keep me safe.
You make my life pleasant,
and my future is bright.

Alleuia!

I praise you, Lord, for being my guide.
Even in the darkest night,
your teachings fill my mind.
I will always look to you.

Alleuia!

You won’t leave me in the grave
or let my body decay.

Alleuia!

You have shown me the path to life,
and you make me glad by being near to me.
Sitting at your right side,
I will always be joyful.

Alleuia!

~ written by Carolyn Brown, and posted on Worshiping with Children. http://worshipingwithchildren.blogspot.ca/