Prayer of Confession: Way of Life

Here’s a prayer of confession from Alex S. Leung.

Prayer of Confession

Almighty and most merciful father,

We are thankful that your mercy is
higher than the heavens,
wider than our wanderings,
deeper than all our sin.

Forgive our frivolous attitude toward life,
our callousness toward suffering,
our envy of those who have more than we have,
our obsession with creating a life of constant pleasure,
our indifference to the treasures of heaven,
our neglect of your wise and gracious law.

Help us to change our way of life
so that we may desire what is good, love what you love,
and do what you command,

Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

For I know that my Redeemer lives,
and at the last he will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been thus destroyed,
yet in my flesh I shall see God,
whom I shall see for myself,
and my eyes shall behold, and not another.
My heart faints within me!

(Job 19:25-27 ESV)

~ written by Alex S. Leung, and posted on Six Steps. http://sixsteps.org/