Prayer to the Potter God

Here’s a prayer inspired by Jeremiah 18:1-11 and Isaiah 64:8.  It was written by Mark D. Roberts.

Prayer
(inspired by Isaiah 64:8 and Jeremiah 18:1-11)

Gracious God, I know that you are my potter.
You made me.
You redeemed me.
You re-created me in Christ to be your masterpiece.

How I thank you, dear Lord,
for not giving up on me when I’m less than you intend.
Thank you for your patience and mercy.
Thank you for continuing to shape me even when I resist you and your work.

Help me to live each moment of each day for you and your purposes.
May I acknowledge you as my potter,
not only through my words, but also through my works.
By your Spirit, help me to do the good things
you have planned for me so long ago.
All praise be to you, O God, Sovereign Lord, my potter. Amen.

~ written by Mark D. Roberts, and posted on The High Calling. http://www.thehighcalling.org/reflection/potter-and-clay#.Ufwr7dLVCSo