Call to Worship, Prayer: Psalm 81

Here’s a call to worship litany and opening prayer inspired by Psalm 81.  It comes from A Psalm and a Prayer.

Call to Worship
(inspired by Psalm 81)

Sing aloud to God our strength!
Shout for joy to the God of Jacob!
Raise a song.
Sound the tambourine.
Play sweet music with the harp.
Hear, O my people, while I admonish you.
If you would but listen to me!
There shall be no strange god among you.
You shall not bow down to a foreign god.
I am the Lord your God.
Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.
I would feed you with the finest of the wheat,
and with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.

Opening Prayer
(inspired by Psalm 81)

O God, we gather in Your presence to praise Your Holy Name,
with songs on our lips and love in our hearts.
We gather here, because we find joy and love,
peace and understanding, among Your people.
We seek to serve You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ,
our Lord and Savior.
Deliver us from slavery to all sins.
Save us from those who would deceive us.
Teach us the way that we should go each day.
Fill us with Your Holy Spirit
that we might have the comfort of Your presence within us day and night.
And now we pray together in Jesus’ Name: “Our Father. . .”

~ from A Psalm and a Prayer. http://apsalmandaprayer.com/psalm81.htm