Prayer of Adoration: Psalm 146


Here’s a responsive prayer of adoration inspired by Psalm 146.  It was written by Jeff Shrowder.

Psalm 146
A Prayer of Adoration

Praise the LORD.
With the very core of my being and every part of my life
I want to bless you, LORD God.
I want to celebrate my God with music and song while I live.

There is nothing to be gained by putting all my trust in the powerful people:
when their breath leaves them, they return to the dust,
and their clever plans crumble with them.

But the person who looks to the God of Jacob for help,
ah, how fortunate.
Like this person I want to put my hope in the LORD,
the God who made the heavens and the earth, the sea,
and everything in them;

who maintains a kindness that endures forever;
who brings about justice for those trampled by society,
and gives food to those hungry for dignity, love and self-worth;

who breaks the shackles of those imprisoned by hopelessness, circumstance or habit;
who enables the blind to see again, to see life in its fullness;
who raises up those bent over by the burden of life;
who loves the upright;
who cares for those separated from their home culture;
who helps the fatherless and the widow,
but who brings ruin to the way of the wicked.
The LORD shall reign forever;
our God, generation after generation.
Hallelujah!!

~ written by Jeff Shrowder, and posted on The Billabong.  http://thebillabong.info/

If used, in worship, please acknowledge as follows: © Jeff Shrowder 2000, 2013.