Prayer of Praise: Psalm 118: 19-29


Here’s a prayer of praise and thanksgiving based on Psalm 118:19-29.  It was written by Jeff Shrowder.

Prayer of Praise and Thanks
(based on Psalm 119:19-29)

We thank you LORD God, for you alone are good,
and your lovingkindness is everlasting.
With the faithful of every time and place we declare,
everlasting lovingkindness is yours alone.
Open for me the gates of justice,
so that I may enter and give thanks to the LORD.
This is the gate of the LORD,
where those who live justly may enter.
I give thanks because you have answered me
and became my rescuer. 
The stone which the builders scorned
has become the first, the cornerstone.
The LORD has brought this about, and it is astounding.
This is the day the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
LORD, save us;
let us enjoy success.
Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the LORD.
We bless you from the house of the LORD.
The LORD is God, and has given us light;
join in celebratory procession up to the horns of the altar.
You are my God, and I give you thanks;
You are my God, and I praise you with great joy.
Give thanks to the LORD, who alone is good,
and whose lovingkindness is everlasting

~ posted on The Billabong website. http://thebillabong.info/ For use in worship, with acknowledgement. © Jeff Shrowder 2000.