Prayers for Healing and Forgiveness

Here’s a beautiful litany for healing and forgiveness based on Psalm 51.  It was written by Lisa Frenz.

Litany for Healing & Forgiveness
(inspired by Psalm 51)

Lord of our hearts, God of our lives, hear our prayers:
the sighs, the cries, the joys of our deepest thoughts.
We share all our thoughts with you, O God,
knowing that you hear and answer us,
providing us with what is best.
Come, O God, and hear us now.

Lord of all, source of health and healing,
we come to you with worries, concerns, fears, wrongs, and sins
seeking your compassion,
turning over to you all that separates us from you,
God of our hectic busyness and petty obsessions,
God of our secrecies and our defeats.
Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love;
according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Psalm 51:1-2
I come to you flawed and unclean, O God.
Wash me and make me whole.
Take all the darkness, the unrighteousness,
the sinfulness I bring to you and forgive me.

(Silence)

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and put a new and right spirit within me.

Do not cast me away from your presence,
and do not take your holy spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and sustain in me a willing spirit.  Psalm 51:9-12

— written by Lisa Frenz, and posted on Lisa’s Liturgies. https://sites.google.com/site/lisasliturgies/home  If used in worship, please include the following acknowledgement:  “Copyright Lisa Frenz. All Rights Reserved. Used with permission."