Affirmation of Faith: Called by God


Here’s a beautiful statement of faith written by Bruce Prewer.  It would be suitable for use on any Sunday focusing on God’s call.

This We Believe
(inspired by Mark 1:14-20, Matthew 4:18-22)

I believe in an innovative God,
who does not wait for us to find ourselves
but comes seeking the lost and calling us into a new way.

I believe in Jesus of Nazareth as God’s crucial initiative,
that when he calls us to follow, Christ also gives us the power
to become, both in creed and deed, the children of the living God.

I believe in the Spirit by whom Jesus still comes to us,
calling us to follow him into an obedience which is true liberty
and to a humble service which is the fruit of holy friendship.

I believe in the church as the fellowship of Christ’s people,
called to respect and support one another through joys and tribulations
as we travel the road towards the “promised land” of God’s future.

Because Christ has called me
in this I truly believe.
Amen.

— written by Bruce Prewer, on Bruce Prewer’s HomepageVisit that site for many other excellent worship resources.