Call to Worship & Benediction for Mother's Day


Here are some beautiful new worship resources for Mother's Day from Carol Penner on her blog, Leading in Worship. 

Mother's Day Call to Worship

And Jesus said, "Come!"
To all mothers and all children: he said, "Come!"
to the motherless and the childless: he said, "Come!"
to all who long to be mothered: he said, "Come!
Come unto me all ye who labour and are heavy-laden,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble of heart
and you will find rest for your souls."

 

Mother's Day Benediction

Go into your week,
knowing that you are embraced by the love of God;
a love that is sweeter and more tender
than any you have ever known.

 

See also her two beautiful prayers for Mothers’ Day:

Mothers’ Day Prayer #1

Mothers’ Day Prayer #2

 

For more worship resources for Mothers’ Day on this blog,

click on Mothers’ Day Resources in the list of “Labels” at the right.